The Game starts 60-day jail sentence


The Game checked into jail Sunday night at the Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles, according to TMZ.com. The rapper is set to serve a 60-day jail sentence after pleading no contest to a felony charge of possession of a firearm in a school zone.
According to various reports, he'll be segregated from the general population..

The charge stems from an altercation at the Rita Walters Educational Learning Complex in South L.A.. Prosecutors allege Game pulled a gun from his car and threatened to shoot an opposing player in a basketball game.

Despite the no contest plead, Game maintained his innocence in a recent interview with Monsta Magazine.

"The crazy part about this is that I've had guns before in my life," Game told Monsta. "But this time, I didn't have a gun. And because one person said I had a gun and coaxed his homies into saying that I had a gun, I'm in a predicament where I'm asking, 'Do I want to spend another million dollars to fight this trial, so who knows what jury's gonna come in and say I'm guilty? Or do I want to save my money, go sit down for four months and accept this felony they're trying to give me for no reason.'"

No comments: