Plies discusses Janet Jackson remixing his track

Usually it is the MC who decides to take a track and add their vocals to an already existing song for a remix. It is especially unusual when a superstar singer takes it upon themselves to remix a hip-hop song.

That is exactly what happened when Janet Jackson decided to add her vocals to Plies "Bust it Baby 2."

"It was weird, bruh," Plies told MTV about Janet adding her vocals. "I was in Milwaukee. One of the [program directors] said, 'I love the "Bust It Baby" remix. The one y'all did with Janet Jackson.' I didn't even know she did the record. Then I got a call from one of my peoples in Atlanta. They said Jermaine [Dupri] had just dropped the record off to the station. For the first 15, 20 minutes, I really thought the person who was telling me this was just talking.
"But to see a person of her caliber embrace my craft enough to feel that she wanted to be a part of it, that made me not only appreciate it, but made me feel I was going in the right direction."



Dont forget to buy Plies album 'Definition Of Real' that drops today.

No comments: